A future Museum Complex
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 04/22/2014 - 11:02am
The Nordheim Historical Museum will hold their 10th Annual Market Days and Motorcycle Fun Run April 26, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. When organizers started this event 10 years ago, they were hoping it would become a great fundraiser for the museum and something special to the community. It has grown and each year brings more and more people and more special to the museum.
Since the start of the event 10 years ago, the Talk School Museum has had many improvements. New siding, sidewalks, roof, windows, black out blinds, an office and restroom, central air and heating have been installed and new lighting with ceiling fans. The new flooring inside the building has special sections which include historic flooring from the Neutzler Osterloh Building. Display shelving was created using the old windows from the building and other book shelves have been built. Recently, some photo murals were installed where the old upper windows on the ends were. The outside has just been caulked and repainted, as well as the scanning and protection of the old photos in the museum.
Read more in this week's edition of News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park