New playground items sought for city park
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 04/22/2014 - 11:26am
Beautification of the city was a hot topic at theYorktown City Council meeting on Monday, April 7. Four of five council members were present for the meeting including Larry Mueller, Shawna Lamprecht, Jerry Alvarez, and Ruben “BB” Garcia. Councilwoman Franes Villa was absent.
Donna Roeder, representing the Keep Yorktown Beautiful (KYB) organization, took to the podium beginning with a compliment, “I love y’alls building,” referring to the recently refurbished City Hall. Roeder was requesting support of a project for new playground equipment for the City Park. According to Roeder, a new gazebo will be installed between the monument and the fire station in the park. She then brought up the condition of the current park playground equipment, noting it is in “bad shape” and “out of compliance.” She said she has been working with a certified playground specialist with Game Time, a company that specializes in playground equipment.
To illustrate her point, Roeder displayed several photographs to council members on her tablet.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park