Ybarra coordinates DeWitt County's emergency plans
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 04/22/2014 - 1:22pm
When Rosie Ybarra accepted a job in DeWitt County, she was in for more than she anticipated. From Nordheim to Yoakum and Westhoff to Thomaston, and everything in between, Ybarra coordinates communication between the county’s law enforcement agencies and fire departments. She also coordinates communication between the county and the state.
Ybarra began her career in sales. In 2007, she was out of a job when the company where she worked closed. From there, she considered working in emergency management.
“I loved the field,” Ybarra said. “The more I learned about it, the more I loved it. So I started getting training, went back to school, and became a volunteer for the Red Cross. I learned a lot through the Red Cross.”
Before arriving in DeWitt County, Ybarra worked as a planner at the Texas Division of Emergency Management in Austin.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record and the News-View. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park