Rangers arrest Tolbert for aggravated assault
Submitted by crecord2010 on Fri, 04/25/2014 - 4:35pm
Cuero Police Department Patrol Sgt. Corey Lane Tolbert was arrested by the Texas Rangers on a warrant signed by DeWitt County Precinct 1 Justice of the Peace Peggy Mayer at approximately 1 p.m. Friday.
Tolbert was charged with aggravated assault with deadly weapon causing serious bodily injury/family violence, a first degree felony, according to a news release from the Texas Department of Public Safety. Tolbert was arraigned and a $200,000 bond was set. He was booked into the DeWitt County Jail and subsequently released on bond.
According to the news release, Tolbert allegedly struck the victim physically and with the trailer attached to the pickup he was driving.
Corey’s wife, Elizabeth Tolbert, a Department of Public Safety trooper, underwent surgery April 18 at San Antonio Military Medical Center to repair a fracture and other injuries.
The incident happened at dusk on April 17 at the couple’s place between Cuero and Goliad off Five Mile Road.
Tolbert has been with the Cuero Police Department since 2002.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park