2 dead from head-on collision near county line
Two people died around Monday around 4:30 p.m. as a result of this head-on collision on Hwy. 183 near the DeWitt, Gonzales county line, north of Cuero. First responders from Cuero, Yoakum, Gonzales, and Yorktown assisted with the wreck and transporting the injured. More information was not immediately available from the DPS who are investigating the accident. Lifeflight helicopters were also used to transport injured. This represents the second and third fatalities in this county this year. Cuero Record photo.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park