Trustees hear update on construction
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 04/29/2014 - 12:29pm
Yorktown ISD Board of Trustees met April 21 in the Junior High Library in a meeting barely lasting over 30 minutes. Board members present were Mark Niemeier, Keary Perez, Mark Weischwill, Nelda Sertuche, Patti Harbers, Barry Watson and Todd Metting. YISD Superintendent Alan Umholtz was also present.
Wade Zimmer of JSA Architects discussed progress on the 2012 Capital and Bond Project. Umholtz said, “It is noted the project is still behind schedule, but we are trying to catch up. Completion date is set for Oct. 1 for the new gym and all projects will be completed closer to Thanksgiving.”
Trustees voted to approve the low attendance waiver for Tuesday, March 4. Niemeier made the motion, which was seconded by Perez. According to Umholtz, every school district can pick one day a year as a low day and ask for it to be removed. Motion carried 7-0. Trustees also approved the high school reading list of novels on a 7-0 vote with Perez making the motion, with Niemeier seconding.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park