Cuero ISD trustees discuss, approve plans for gym, performing arts center
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 04/30/2014 - 5:19pm
The Cuero ISD Board of Trustees met for their regular board meeting, which was rescheduled, on April 21.
The enrollment report revealed the district has 26 more students than [this time] last year.
“The growth is continued but slowly peaking,” said board president B.J. Drehr, who gave the report for Pam Longbotham.
The board motioned to cancel the May 10 election of the Cuero ISD trustee for District 3 because Beverly Kuecker runs unopposed.
The board motioned to approve the design and development of the Cuero High School building additions, the performing arts center and the CHS competition gym. Kevin Smith, president of Claycomb Associates presented the board with the firm’s renderings of the interior of the performing arts center and the high school competition gym.
Kevin Smith, president of Claycomb Associates, Architects, presented a rendering of the proposed peforming arts center at the April 21 Cuero ISD Board of Trustees meeting. Contributed photo.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park