Boys & Girls Club plans mid-June opening
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/06/2014 - 1:57pm
The Boys & Girls Club of DeWitt County anticipates a mid-June opening for its summer programming. Since the March celebration of National Boys & Girls Club Week, board members and community volunteers have been working to create a plan that allows area youth a safe place to spend their summer hours.
The City of Cuero is offering BGCDC a lease for the use of the former National Yourth Association building, once used for the senior citizens of Cuero. The building is at 1310 E. Courthouse St. and is ideally located in the park near the basketball pavilion, swimming pool and playground.
Shannon Haun, first vice president for BGCDC, will be taking on a new role as the summer program director for the Boys & Girls Club.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park