Several oppose potential closure of city airport at council meeting
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/06/2014 - 1:48pm
The City of Cuero council met for their regular meeting April 22 at the City Hall Council Chambers.
Talk about the airport picked up again at the April 22 city council meeting. Several people asked to speak before the council regarding the potential closure of the city’s existing airport.
City manager Raymie Zella said he spoke to TxDOT Aviation representative Michelle Hannah, who told him the first step in closing the airport was to submit a form to TxDOT inquiring if the city owed any debts. Zella said he submitted the form but had not heard back from TxDOT at the time of the meeting.
Seven men, including Bill Blackwell, Jimmy Gips, Hershal Ferguson, Bobby Lee Hranicky, Rick Doak, Michael Cavanaugh, and Mike Burris, asked to speak before the council. All men asked the council to at least consider keeping the airport open, if not to consider the building of a replacement airport.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park