No burn ban in DeWitt County
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/13/2014 - 1:32pm
DeWitt County Commissioners Court had considered placing a burn ban in effect but scattered showers has delayed that decision.
Meeting Monday morning, the court reviewed the drought index which last week indicated a burn ban might be needed. But thanks to rain on Friday and a forecast for more, the court decided to postpone a ban on outside fires in the rural areas.
They also postponed a possible ban on aerial fireworks for the coming July 4 holidays.
This the time of year the county gets a preview of what appraised values will look like later this year when the budgeting process begins.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park