Rudy Perez keeps a list of birthdays, anniversaries
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/13/2014 - 2:02pm
There’s more than meets the eye to Rudy Perez, 62, of Cuero. Perez, who is legally blind, has always been the go-to guy one turns for help or support.
Before 1998, Perez worked seven days a week between two jobs. For 18 years he worked at Whispering Oaks as a medication aid and for 28 years he worked at Tandy Brands in Yoakum.
However, all of that was about to change. Perez had diabetes that affected his eyesight and he had to have eye surgery. After surgery he was released with a list of instructions of do’s and don’ts. Then the Flood of 1998 occurred in Cuero.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park