CHS commencement ceremony scheduled Friday
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/27/2014 - 12:17pm
Just over 100 seniors will participate in the commencement exercises for the 2014 graduating class of Cuero High School. The ceremony will begin at 7:30 p.m., Friday, May 30 at the Gobbler Stadium.
The Class of 2014 has chosen “You’re Gonna Miss This,” by Trace Adkins as their class song; Osiria Rose as their class flower; and green and silver as their class colors. The class motto is by Andrew Heard: “Swing hard, look up.”
Caytlyn Michele Phillips will perform the national anthem. Pearson Holloway Reese will lead the invocation. Cole Lane Liendo, president of the senior class, will give the appreciation. James Darren Martin Jr. will lead the benediction.
This year’s valedictorian is Hunter Thomas Fales, son of Derinda and Tom Fales.
“Every day, I always strived to do my best, whether it was a simple quiz or a test grade,” Fales said. “After all the hard work it feels really great to have the title of valedictorian.”
The salutatorian is Samuel Felipe Rojas, son of Olga and Juan Rojas.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park