Nordheim graduates receive scholarships
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/03/2014 - 9:52am
It was standing room only at the Nordheim Independent School auditorium with just over 300 in attendance to honor the eight graduating students of Nordheim High School on May 31.
The processional was played by Ms. Lissa Knetig with the Pledge of Allegiance led by Alyssa Marie Leister. Frankie Cheyenne Pendergraft did the invocation. A hymn, “You Have Come Down to the Lakeshore” was sung by all. NISD superintendent Kevin Wilson welcomed family and guests.
Cecilia Inez Diego gave the salutatorian’s address with the message to her class to never give up regardless the adversity that they may face.
Tessa Myriah Green presented the valedictorian’s address and acknowledged appreciation to the community for all their support whether it was attending their sports, band concerts, or other activities.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park