Arndt resigns from the Cuero Chamber of Commerce
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/10/2014 - 12:30pm
After 14 years of service, Chamber of Commerce executive director Kay Lapp Arndt came to a crossroads in her life that resulted in her resignation. The board of directors accepted her resignation on June 2. Her final day is June 20.
“Whatever I end up doing I will always be a member of the chamber family,” Arndt said. “I will always promote the chamber and promote Cuero because it is a beautiful community. It is a wonderful place to live. I am not moving anywhere. I am not going anywhere.”
Arndt served on the Chamber of Commerce board of directors for six years before taking the position of executive director, a position she has served for the last eight years.
“This job requires a lot of man hours,” Arndt said. “Sixty hours is a short week and [one can work] as much as 80 hours a week during a fundraiser if you want to get the job done and make it a success. I love what I do and meeting new people.”
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park