Trustees hear high school classroom addition update
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/10/2014 - 12:10pm
Mike Weaver of Weaver & Jacobs Constructors updated the Cuero ISD board of trustees on progress of the high school design. Thirty five percent of the design has been completed. Weaver addressed parking concerns the board brought up earlier in the planning process. He said available parking would be increased about 50 percent. He estimated the parking lot would need to be recoated with asphalt in 10 years.
Weaver also updated the board on the addition of eight classrooms. The 108,500 square feet planned construction is estimated to cost $1.2 million. This includes the demolition of the former senior wing.
“We’re pleasantly surprised to see where we are,” Weaver said. “We’re headed in the right direction.”
Construction on the high school additions will begin in October or November.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park