20-year-old man dies in accidental shooting
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/17/2014 - 10:54am
At approximately 7:15 p.m. on June 16, DeWitt County dispatchers received a call of a possible accidental shooting occurring in the 1300 block of Lockhart Cemetery Road in northwest DeWitt County, according to a press release from the DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office.
Quinn A. Lynch, 20, was shot once in the right chest area with a 12 gauge shotgun. Lynch was transported to Cuero Community Hospital by a family member in a private vehicle where he succumbed to his injury.
Justice of the Peace Bill Robinson ordered an autopsy to be performed by the Travis County Medical Examiner. The death appears to be a result of an accident. However, Sgt. Carl Bowen of the DCSO is leading the investigation into the incident.
Read more information as it becomes available at www.cuerorecord.com.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park