Drehr presents Bell Award to Lucas
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/17/2014 - 12:34pm
The Cuero High School bell ceremony was held May 22. The ceremony allows the top ten graduates to recognize an educator of their choice. Following is Katie Drehr’s dedication speech.
Throughout all these years, many teachers have impacted and taught me many things. During my high school years, I had teachers like Mrs. [Kathy] Bowers who helped me get involved with UIL and Mrs. [Cat] Haley who got me to like English again, or at least more than I used to. Then there was Mrs. [Linda] Colman who everyone agrees is the toughest teacher on campus but has helped me so much in the three years I’ve had her. She teaches you there is no such thing as a stupid question. A stupid question is simply one that is not asked.
Many teachers have helped me along the way but I believe teachers who impact you the most are the ones you have when you are much younger. For me, one teacher really stands out. I was lucky enough to have this teacher in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 12th grade, and no, I didn’t fail this class that many times.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park