State lists roads to see repairs
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 06/18/2014 - 10:51am
Main entrances into Cuero will see new blacktop as well as better flow of traffic on Esplanade in the near future. This was discussed during the community leader’s meeting hosted by the Cuero Development Corporation on June 7 at the Cuero Library meeting room.
Since the high influx of tanker trucks traveling on Cuero’s highways and byways, pavements are experiencing greater deterioration and punch outs, also known as potholes.
Speaker Rodney P. Svec, Yoakum Area Engineer for Texas Department of Transportation said, “This is new to us and we are playing catch-up. We are trying a new techniques such as ACP [Asphaltic Concrete Overlay] with greater lift thickness to handle loads with truck weights from 120,000-150,000 lbs. It is our hope that this process will last 10-15 years.”
Read more in this week's editions of the Record and the News-View. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park