Community input wanted in search for Meyersville ISD superintendent
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 06/19/2014 - 12:41pm
Community input is wanted in the search for a new superintendent at Meyersville ISD. The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 19, at the Meyersville School Library. The public is invited to attend.
Meyersville ISD superintendent Tina Herrington’s resignation was accepted at a special June 10 board meeting. Her last day with the district is June 30. Herrington has accepted the position as assistant superintendent of curriculum and instruction at Wharton ISD.
Other topics to be discussed at the Parent and Community meeting include the district parent involvement policy, Title I, and a community and student engagement survey.
Additionally, a survey is available online at www.meyersvilleisd.org. Select the Community Involvement in the Superintendent Search Process link. Surveys must be completed by July 1.
Interim superintendent Michael Lanier will begin work at Meyersville ISD on July 1.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park