2 DeWitt County ranchers featured in Australian magazine
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/24/2014 - 1:50pm
While most people in South Texas are use to seeing ranchers with oil wells, apparently it is somewhat of a novelty to the folks down-under.
Two ranchers and some of the local oil punchers were the subject of a feature in The Australian Financial Review in June.
Author John Kehoe spent a couple of days in DeWitt County interviewing locals for his article, “Oil’s well in Texas.”
Some of the feature was directed at the connection of local drilling company BHP Billiton which is headquartered in Australia. BHP has about 17 drilling rigs in this county.
The two ranchers quoted in the article are Bubba Steen and Ray Nolte of the Westhoff area.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record and the News-View. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits