Lucas presents Bell Award to Pedraza
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/24/2014 - 1:30pm
The Cuero High School bell ceremony was held May 22. The ceremony allows the top ten graduates to recognize an educator of their choice. Following is Hannah Lucas’ dedication speech.
This year was the first year to have this teacher. Even though this was the only year, I became a lot closer to this teacher than I did with my other ones in the past years. Coming in, I was a little scared because I didn’t know this teacher at all and I heard the class may be a little difficult, but that soon changed. Right from the start I could see how nice and helpful this teacher was. And not only was the teacher helpful with the course material but also helpful in preparing me and the rest of the students for college and sharing real life experiences.
The huge smile on this person’s face always made me smile and made me feel just happy. I was definitely glad to have this teacher in the morning for this reason, because we all know mornings can be hard.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park