Nate Post benefit exceeds goals
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/01/2014 - 3:39pm
The Cuero Municipal Park was full of activity on June 28. Early in the afternoon, a softball tournament was held at the Friends of Cuero Softball Field. Nearby, at the concession stand, hamburgers plates were sold to hungry spectators. Also nearby was a team roping contest held at the Friar Ag Center. These were only a few of the activities held throughout the day.
“The benefit went extremely well,” said event organizer Brenda Martin. “The community was more than generous. It was an awesome family event that brought many people together for such a great cause. Figures aren’t all in yet but I am pretty sure we exceeded our goal.”
Post previously told The Record he estimates costs to undergo a hematopoetic stem cell transplantation procedure at Northwestern University Hospital will be around $150,000.
“I was blown away by the number or sheer amount of donations for the live and silent auctions as well as the bake sale,” Post said.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park