Sports photos earn The Record 1st place
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/01/2014 - 12:00pm
The Cuero Record won a first place award in the Better Newspaper contest conducted by the Texas Press Association.
Awards were presented on June 21 at the summer conference held in Corpus Christi.
The Record received a first place in sports photography. The photos judged were published in 2013 and included Cuero High School’s Lady Gobblers at the state track meet and Gobbler football games. The photos were taken by Tim O’Malley and Glenn Rea.
A total of 159 newspapers submitted 1,566 entries across 10 divisions based on circulation size.
The Record competed in the medium to large weekly newspaper division.
At at the annual meeting, The Record publisher Glenn Rea was elected Texas Press Association first vice president.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park