Sports photos earn The Record 1st place
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/01/2014 - 12:00pm
The Cuero Record won a first place award in the Better Newspaper contest conducted by the Texas Press Association.
Awards were presented on June 21 at the summer conference held in Corpus Christi.
The Record received a first place in sports photography. The photos judged were published in 2013 and included Cuero High School’s Lady Gobblers at the state track meet and Gobbler football games. The photos were taken by Tim O’Malley and Glenn Rea.
A total of 159 newspapers submitted 1,566 entries across 10 divisions based on circulation size.
The Record competed in the medium to large weekly newspaper division.
At at the annual meeting, The Record publisher Glenn Rea was elected Texas Press Association first vice president.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits