TPA gives top honors to 4 Texas lawmakers
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/01/2014 - 11:56am
CORPUS CHRISTI — Four Texas legislators received the Texas Press Association’s top honor for public service June 20 at the newspaper association's summer conference.
Jim Moser, CEO of Moser Community Media and chair of the association’s legislative advisory committee, presented the awards to House Speaker Joe Straus, Sen. Rodney Ellis, Sen. Kevin Eltife and Rep. Todd Hunter.
“These four legislators have fought tirelessly for years to promote and protect open meetings, open records and government transparency in general,” Moser said. “They are both the conscience and the shepherds of the Legislature in matters of government accountability.”
Read more in this week's edition of the Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park