Bowen visits Hollywood for "Cold Justice" reunion
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/15/2014 - 4:17pm
“When they came down, they tore this case apart. They ripped it to shreds,” said DeWitt County Sheriff’s Dept. investigator Carl Bowen.
“I respect what it is they do. They helped us solve a 12-year old murder,” he said.
Sgt. Bowen is referring to the team from television’s “Cold Justice.”
In 2012 that team was in this county investigating a 12-year-old crime. When they finished, Ronnie Joe Hendricks, 42, was indicted for murder and eventually sentenced to prison.
It was an investigation that helped launch the TNT network series. Now in its second season, the “Cold Justice” team invited Bowen back to Hollywood to be a part of a special episode, “Justice Served.”
This episode will air Friday, July 18, at 8 p.m. on TNT.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits