Disposal site talk reaches hearing stage in Austin
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/15/2014 - 9:49am
Two issues facing DeWitt County residents will be battled in Austin according to discussions at Monday’s commissioner’s court meeting.
Texas Railroad Commission will hold hearings Monday and Tuesday concerning an application for a solid waste disposal site on Hohn Road near Nordheim. Peyote Systems, LLP filed the application for the disposal site.
Along with citizens in the Nordheim area, commissioners court has formally opposed approval of that application.
County Judge Daryl Fowler said there is a possibility the hearings may get postponed next week but a representative of this county has to be there to testify in case the hearings are not postponed.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park