DeWitt County Alliance applies for grant for libraries
Members of the DeWitt County Alliance are shown with DeWitt County judge Daryl Fowler, front row from left, Barbara Cavanaugh, Cuero Public Library assistant librarian Emma Neubauer, Barbara Nuckles, Nordheim mayor Kathy Payne, Fowler; back row, Yorktown Economic Development Corporation and Yorktown Chamber of Commerce executive director Tammy Bitterly, Larry Nuckles, Carl and Mary Welhausen Library librarian Lynn Mixon, Yorktown First Methodist Church pastor Martin Newmann. Not shown is Cuero Development Corporation executive director Patrick J. Kennedy and Elizabeth Rodriguez. Fowler recognized charter members of the DCA at the June 23 Commissioners Court meeting. The DCA is applying for an Impact Grant from Texas Rural Communities. The grant would allow four libraries in the county to offer eBooks for checkout. Cuero Record photo.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park