DeWitt County Historical Commission receives award
DeWitt County Historical Commission received the 2-13 Distinguished Service Award from Texas Historical Commission recently for its work last year. Commissioners Court recognized the Commission with this award at a recent county meeting. County Judge Daryl Fowler is presenting the award to Commission Chair Peggy Ledbetter and commission members. The Commission has restored 36 volumes of the county’s earliest records and furnished a new scanner and computer for the county archives. The commission has also purchased a historical marker for the Old Clinton Cemetery. Cuero Record photo.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park