Disposal site hearing delayed, concerns differ in Nordheim
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/22/2014 - 11:30am
Right off Broadway, on West First Street, the Nordheim City Hall building sits unassuming. But lately, it hasn’t been too quiet. Inside the building, Nordheim mayor Kathy Payne works on the town’s budget.
In addition to her usual duties as mayor, Payne also has been following the plans of a proposed solid waste disposal site on Hohn Road, near town. Peyote Systems, LLP, filed the application for the disposal site. Residents of the town frequently visit the office with concerns about the proposed site.
“I really believe you have to understand both sides,” Payne said.
To do this, Payne has met with PetroWaste Environmental chief operating officer Sammy Cooper. Cooper visited town June 26 and July 17.
Read more in this week's edition of Yorktown News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park