Sternadel participates in competitive shooting with DeWitt County 4-H Club
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/22/2014 - 4:20pm
The smell of black powder and the sound of the boom. One does not have to wait until the Fourth of July or New Year. What is there not to like? Add accuracy, power and speed to practical competition and it is the love of the sport for any skeet or trap shooter.
Mathis Sternadel, 16, of Yoakum, has found a new appreciation for shoot competition since he has been a member of the DeWitt County 4-H Club.
Mathis said, “[When I was a member of Lavaca County 4-H] I was fair overall. Since I have been in DeWitt County 4-H I get more coaching from Joe Moore and Jode Zavesky and I shoot more.”
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park