City owes LCRA almost $1M, energy bills will increase
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 08/07/2014 - 1:21pm
A report from city manager Raymie Zella indicated that Cuero residents will see an increase in their energy bill. Beginning this month, residents will notice the bills about $3.75 higher than usual, perhaps for the next two years.
The City of Cuero owes LCRA $949,006. Together, all 36 of LCRA’s wholesale electric customers owe LCRA $60 million. LCRA’s largest customer, Pedernales Electric Cooperative, owes $25 million. The City of Cuero is on a payment schedule in which it pays almost $40,000 to LCRA each month for two years.
Zella delivered the report to the city council at the regular July 22 meeting.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park