Burn ban, budget plans top county discussions
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 08/14/2014 - 12:33pm
Budget talks continue for the county and there was no action on a burn ban at Monday’s commissioner’s court meeting.
Although the heat index continues to rise, commissioners delayed taking any action on a rural burn ban. Each indicated there has not been any requests from residents or fire departments to adopt a burn ban at this time.
With about a month remaining before the county adopts its new budget, the court heard more discussions on the proposed document.
Sheriff Jode Zavesky reported his office continues to lose deputies and jailers. He said an informal survey of area counties indicates some are paying signing bonuses and/or stipends.
Read more in this week's editions of The Record and the News-View. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record or the News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park