CCH adds 2 hospitalists to physician staff
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 08/14/2014 - 12:27pm
Cuero Community Hospital, working in conjunction with local primary care physicians, is modernizing the delivery of hospital care with the use of hospitalists. CCH has expanded its services to include a hospitalist program beginning Aug. 11. CCH hospitalists will be Dr. Dante Garza, M.D., of Victoria and Dr. Jennifer Gonzales, M.D., of Cuero.
The addition of the hospitalist program to CCH is designed to improve and provide more assistive care to patients during their hospital stay.
The term “hospitalist” refers to a physician who provides care for hospitalized patients. Their primary focus is on inpatient care and treatment of acutely sick patients. A hospitalist is able to give more attention to a patient’s needs and can be readily available to a patient or their family for consultation and treatment as their work day is spent only in the hospital.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park