35 children attend CTHM Cowboy Camp
Submitted by crecord2010 on Fri, 08/15/2014 - 5:09pm
Smoke filled the air behind the Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum. After abandoning the beans on their plates that were not quite cooked, the children sat in a half-circle. Following Matt Thigpen’s lead, the children shook their music makers and sang. Nearby, children posed for photos on a longhorn.
Thirty five participants traveled back in time last week to participate in the fourth annual Cowboy Camp at the museum.
Among other activities, participants learned to rope, tie knots and tool leather.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park