Nefford-Esse hired as chamber executive director
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/19/2014 - 1:51pm
The new executive director of the Cuero Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture is Sherry Nefford-Esse. She begins the job Sept. 15. Although her name and face may not yet be familiar with members of the community, Nefford-Esse has been quietly promoting Cuero all along.
Nefford-Esse comes to Cuero from Seguin, where she served as president and chief executive officer of the Seguin Area Chamber of Commerce from 2012 to 2014. Before taking that position, Nefford-Esse was the convention and visitors bureau director for the Seguin Area Chamber of Commerce from 1994 to 2011.
“Her background and what she’s done is phenomenal,” said the chamber board of directors president Jaclyn Cox. “She’s served in this position so I know she’s going to come in with a lot of ideas.”
As a member of the I-10 Corridor Association, Nefford-Esse said she’s worked closely with Kay Lapp Arndt, the chamber’s previous executive director, to promote Cuero.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park