Trustees consider random drug testing
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/26/2014 - 12:54pm
Cuero School District trustees heard reports on campus construction projects at their meeting last week in relation to the first day of school this week.
There were also discussions on drug testing and employee bonuses.
Two discussions were held concerning additional pay for district teachers and staff.
Because teachers, administrators and licensed employees have employment contracts with the district, the trustees said they could not just increase pay scales.
However, they said in attempt to reward those employees, the district will be giving each employee about $2,000 in the new school year. About the only employees that will not receive the incentive bonus will be part-time employees.
There was considerable discussion on the matter with trustees emphasizing this bonus is a one-time reward.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park