Ruby Begonia Race Team chooses turkey for Great Gobbler Gallop
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 08/27/2014 - 11:22am
With the Ruby Begonia Race Team trailing behind, two turkeys battled it out downtown on Aug. 23. But the turkeys weren’t competing in the Great Gobbler Gallop just yet. The race team selected this year’s Ruby Begonia to take with them to the race in Worthington, Minn. on Sept. 13.
The two turkeys were brought downtown by turkey raiser Cory Thamm.
“As we race these birds, he kind of watches them to see which one he feels would be best,” said coach Kristie Tieken. “He’s been on the race team a few years himself, so he knows what it takes to win the turkey race.”
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park