Gobblers open with win over Wharton
The Cuero Gobblers gave a packed home side plenty of thrills Friday night with a 33-20 win over Wharton's Tigers. D'Anthony Hopkins had scoring runs of 20 yds., 87 yds. and 9 yds. with 3 yd. pass for a TD. Tre Miles completed the scoring with a 56 yd. interception return. The Tigers scored on two long drives and an interception but could not keep up with the Gobblers in the final quarter.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park