Members of Texas German Society to attend proclamation signing
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 09/02/2014 - 12:22pm
The Lavaca/DeWitt Chapter of the Texas German Society met at the historical Hochheim Prairie Schoolhouse on Aug. 14. Twenty two members and guests were in attendance.
Secretary Barbara Braun read the minutes and treasurer Robert Manning read the financial report.
President Manning reminded everyone to tour the Yoakum Heritage Museum’s exhibition of German and Czech heritage items. Betty Rathkamp and Heinz and Barbara Braun contributed items to the display.
On Monday, Oct. 6, for this year’s German American Day, members will be present at both Lavaca County Courthouse and DeWitt County Courthouse for each county judge to sign the proclamation. The signing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. at the Lavaca County Courthouse. Members will be notified of the time for the signing at the DeWitt County Courthouse.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park