Trustees OK $22m budget
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 09/02/2014 - 1:11pm
There are some interesting numbers associated with Cuero School District’s new budget. First, it’s considerably larger than the current budget. Second, it has almost no state revenue. Third, debt tax is up 37¢ over the current rate.
In a special meeting Thursday, trustees approved three parts of the annual expense budget. They will not adopt tax rates until the Sept. 15 meeting.
The district expects to spend $22 million in the new budget year which begins Sept. 1. That is up $3 million from the current year’s expenses.
The largest portion of the expenses will be in instruction which will total $12.4 million. That is up about $2.6 million over the current budget.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits