Trustees OK $22m budget
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 09/02/2014 - 1:11pm
There are some interesting numbers associated with Cuero School District’s new budget. First, it’s considerably larger than the current budget. Second, it has almost no state revenue. Third, debt tax is up 37¢ over the current rate.
In a special meeting Thursday, trustees approved three parts of the annual expense budget. They will not adopt tax rates until the Sept. 15 meeting.
The district expects to spend $22 million in the new budget year which begins Sept. 1. That is up $3 million from the current year’s expenses.
The largest portion of the expenses will be in instruction which will total $12.4 million. That is up about $2.6 million over the current budget.
Read more in this week's edition of The Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe to The Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park