Trustees tour new school facilities
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 09/02/2014 - 9:44am
Anticipation is growing for the completion of the new Yorktown High School gymnasium and auditorium foyer. Yorktown ISD board members toured the facility during their regular board meeting on Monday, August 18.
“We’re waiting for the sprinkler system in the auditorium,” said YISD Superintendent Alan Umholtz. “Completion date for the auditorium is December 12 and we’re hoping for the gym to be open before Christmas.”
But the Eagle Ford Shale, considered a boom by many in the area, has been sort of a bust for the contractor charged with the job.
“He’s lost 14 employees to the oil field,” Umholtz said.
Read more in this week's edition of News-View.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits