Old Stone Church rededication planned for fall
By Robert Proctor
The Cuero Record
Many years have passed since one of the first Texas church congregations was formed in Meyersville, 166 to be exact. St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized in 1851 by Pastor Christoph Adam Sager, a German missionary. Over a century and a half later the Old Stone Church is being restored to its original beauty with a re-dedication service planned for this fall.
Bruce Weise, president of the St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church Historical Society in Meyersville, is helping to lead the restoration process of the Old Stone Church.
“We still conduct church services there but not regularly,” Weise noted. “Last October, we put a new roof on the building. Most of the windows were rotted. The front doors were deteriorating. We’re having those refurbished and restored.”
Read the full story in this week's edition of The Cuero Record. Call 361-275-3464 to subscribe.